7 maneras de superar tu vergüenza cuando hablas inglés
1) Get a friend - This is probably THE best way to improve your language skills. Having a friend that you can practice English with is very powerful for many reasons.
2) Travel - When you put yourself in an environment where there is no other option but to speak English then you will instinctively adopt approaches that will help you communicate at a higher level than you thought was possible.
3) Work in an international environment - Most good English speakers that I know work in an international business environment. The reason this is so powerful is that you are forced to work on your English skills on a daily basis.
4) Read consistently - Reading is a great option because you don't need anyone else! Remember to choose a book that you are interested in rather than one that is the right level for you. You are much more likely to finish a book if you have an intrinsic interest in the subject matter.
5) Watch original version content - Although some English teachers may disagree with me, I consider original version content on the TV as a vital part of your education.
6 )Believe in yourself - Too many Spanish speakers I meet, tell me that their English level is bad. In the end, I find out that it is fine. So please don't make yourself feel bad. Believe in yourself and your ability to improve.
7) Stop worrying about what other people think - From the many conversations I have had with Spanish speakers, it seems that most people don't mind speaking with native speakers but HATE speaking English in front of other Spanish speakers! This is purely psychological. Instead of reinforcing that fear, try to make it an adventure. Face the fear but do it anyway.
Soy el director de Daniel Smith + Partners. Tengo más de 15 años de experiencia enseñando inglés a españoles.